The Rode Stereo Video Microphone delivers true stereo X/Y recording in a compact, camera mountable microphone. The Stereo Video Mic accurately captures stereo ambiance while exhibiting excellent off-axis rejection and signal-to-noise ratio. The small, light weight profile allows quick and unobtrusive mounting on DV and HDV cameras without appearing in the frame.
The shock-mount is attached to the microphone and a versatile shoe mount allows the entire microphone to be mounted to a hot-shoe on a camcorder, boom pole or stand. Replaceable rubber O-rings suspend the microphone on the shock-mount and protect against noise due to movement and handling. A coiled cable terminates to a stereo TRS 1/8" (3.5mm) mini output connection. The Rode Stereo VideoMic is powered with a standard 9 Volt battery.
- Stereo X/Y Recording: A true X/Y stereo pick up for accurate ambiance reproduction. Excellent off-axis rejection minimizes residual noise.
- 10dB Pad: A -10dB Pad switch for enhanced headroom and minimal distortion.
- Camera and Boom Pole Mountable: Versatile shoe mount allows the microphone to be mounted to camcorders, stands or boom poles.
- Integrated Shock-Mount: Features a permanently attached shock mount with a camera mounting shoe underneath. The shock mount features replaceable rubber o-rings that protect against noise caused by abrupt movement and shock.
- High Pass Filter Switch: A high-pass filter switch eliminates room ambiance and noise below 80Hz. This results in improved intelligibility while recording around machinery, wind or close proximity.
- Internal Power: The condenser element is powered with a standard 9-volt battery.